Monday, January 24, 2011

The Importance of Snacks

Today felt calm compared to the crazy weekend. I went on a trip to DeSales University for a film scholarship audition and helped put on the McCort Prom Fashion Show. I'm going to try to give a little blurb about these two things sometime in the near future.

Until then, I want to talk about the importance of snacks. Today I came home from school ready to chew my arm off from hunger. I dashed to my kitchen cabinet, threw open the door, and there sat a glorious box of Nilla Wafers. Apparently my little brother bought them. Thanks Tyler!


Guess what? I got a scholarship essay typed tonight. It's the snacks. Brain food man. Here's the greatest secret for any high school senior in need: stack up on junk food. College applications and projects will become easy.

Sitting in front of the computer for hours to write essays that decide your future can seem daunting, but not with some snacks! Type. Grab. Munch. Type. Grab. Munch.

Here are some of my personal faves:


Mike and Ikes are God's gift to mankind. I love these things! I buy them for very special occasions/assignments.


Alaina says I'm a freak with pretzels. But beware, not all pretzels are good. I like the little ones.


I have to be careful with Cheez-Its. I usually take one handful at a time. But after making my tenth trip to the kitchen cabinet, I sometimes just take the whole box to my work station. However, then I tend to eat without realizing until half the box is gone.

I guess because I'm a distance runner, I can afford to do these things once in awhile. But seriously, snacks give me a spark. Give me some Mike and Ikes and BANG! - cure for cancer.

So eat snacks. Do work. Just don't put on ten pounds.

Unfortunately, this week is filled with mid-terms, a blood drive, and scholarship essays. So I might not be able to blog again for a little while.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. hahah good luck with everything, Chad and munch away! :)

    ReplyDelete