Thursday, June 17, 2010

Live Spontaneously


Today, I woke up early and broke my daily routine.

First, I finally learned how to brew my own coffee. This epiphany is both beautiful and terrifying. Only the future will reveal the consequences.

Then, brother bonding day began. Together, Ryan and I trekked to the Beginnings building. Beginnings is a wonderful non-profit organization that helps children in need. Ryan and I are on the Jr. Board. We volunteered to help prepare the new newsletters for mailing. 1,500 newsletters. Fold. Stick. I'll be going through those motions in my sleep.

After six hours of the fold-stick process, we made up stories about the people in Central Park, ate at Coney Island, attended the film festival (the films were pretty awful), made disgusting frozen food, and even storyboarded for a future short film (this is where the pictures come from).

Today was crazy and hectic, but I actually had fun. Ryan and I went with the flow and made our own fun. So, there's the advice I want to give people. Wake up tomorrow and forget your daily routine. Live compulsively for once. Do what you feel like doing (without breaking any major laws). And most importantly, have fun in whatever you do.


2 comments:

  1. "wonderful" how wholesome.

    And I'll break laws if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^second that last part...
    and brew it yourself? we have created a monster.

    ReplyDelete