Friday, June 11, 2010

Expositon! (Part Five)

College.

Okay. Now that all you teenagers have put on a fresh pair of underwear, let's talk higher education.

Really, I'm scared too. I know I eventually want to go to film school. Right now, I'm thinking graduate for film, undergraduate for something else. Don't ask me where.

There are days when I think I don't need to go to college. After all, most great directors either dropped out of film school or didn't go at all. I can take some acid and make art. Not really. College is probably necessary. It's the final step before I become completely independent. It's a new adventure. It will be fun.

So this is college summer. In eleven days, I will hop on a plane and head to L.A. for the second time. While there, I'm going to a two-week digital film camp at UCLA and embarking on college visits. I'm going to have a lot more to say about this trip later.

Until then, if you are currently in college mode as well, good luck! The best advice I have is to explore the wonderful world of Google as well as your local Barnes and Noble. Read up on your possible colleges and major.

No comments:

Post a Comment