Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's Not Said and Done Yet

Home sweet home.

The second week of Camp Zacchaeus ended yesterday. The experience was amazing, of course. It gave me the chance to hang out with old friends, make new ones, touch the lives of children, reflect on and absorb all of my summer adventures, and grow spiritually.

As Ryan, Tyler, Addison, and I left the grounds of Camp Sequanota, I became overwhelmed with the sense that summer was ending. Camp Z was the last of my excursions. LA. Film Camp. XC Camp. I've done a lot. This summer has been beautiful, but it's not over.

I still have three weeks until school. I am using this weekend to recover and regroup. Tomorrow I will be reunited with Alaina (who is at an Ok Go concert at the moment) and the cross country team. And on Monday, my 24/7 quest to complete my summer reading and make a short film before school starts will officially begin.

In the process, I want to write about everything. And I'll start with that long list.


1 comment: