Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dawn is Breaking


I don't remember all of the events of last week. It was sort of a dizzy haze of parties, running, school shopping, and phone conversations.

But today, the sun broke through the clouds. After failing to find an actor in the past week, I was feeling defeated. Then, Randy called me. I had gotten Randy's number because he is a local actor. He's going to try to fit my short film into his schedule. I really hope everything works out. I have a ton of work to do in order to get this project done.

I also finished Snow Falling on Cedars. I really liked it. Now, I have to read Hamlet and The Awakening. Hopefully, I can read at least one of them before school starts.

Countdown to school: one week.

And finally, I have completed the list of colleges I am applying to:
1. University of Southern California
2. Chapman University
3. Loyola Marymount University
4. Florida State University
5. Temple University
6. DeSales University.

I will do everything in my power to attend one of the first three, but I can make any of them work.

I also found out today that I might be going to New Orleans in November. My cousin Danielle landed a job as assistant to director Scott Hicks. He is the director of the latest Nicholas Sparks adaptation The Lucky One starring Zac Efron. Hopefully, I will be able to visit the set with my brother Ryan and my cousin McKenzie.

In other news...
I watched two Michael Cera flicks this weekend. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World was crazy and hilarious. It really feels like a video game/comic book and makes for an interesting night. Youth in Revolt was also really funny. I loved seeing Michael act as Francois. It was different from every other character that he as ever played... which is always the same:himself. I also decided that I am a badass.

I had a lot of fun adventuring with Alaina this week. It's been weird because I've been sleep deprived. Plus I'm still gowing through that growing phase, so I can't stop eating (thus the stash of pretzels sitting next to me) and my hormones continue to rage.

I am going to be really busy this week, but I hope to write a little about Chapman University sometime soon.

Oh... I turn eighteen in less than a month. What am I doing for my birthday?

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you would tell the world that your hormones are raging in the same paragraph you talk about me, pretzel-eater.

    Also, what ARE you doing for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that would look bad, but I don't care. And I don't know Alaina! I don't know!

    ReplyDelete