Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dirty Little B*tches

Heh. Heh. I'm jumping the gun because the finale of Pretty Little Liars was on last night.

The children of my street excitedly tuned in to ABC Family at my neighbor's house. The show of course ended on a suspenseful note, and now I'll just have to hold my breath for the next season.

Haha! Okay, seriously. Pretty Little Liars is a shallow and sort of stupid show. In LA, Danielle and Erica affectionately called it Dirty Little Bitches. They were spot on. Some of the girls in the show behave like monsters. I find it really difficult to believe that high school girls actually act like that. I could be wrong. I do live in a small town.

I feel like teenagers deal with much more realistic problems than the materialistic ones that appear in Pretty Little Liars. So why did I tune into the show every Tuesday night? I really don't know. But it was entertaining in a summer way.


Another confession... I'm a gleek. Earlier this year, my dad and my brother (of all people) got me hooked on Glee. I excitedly tuned into the finale of that too.

However, whereas I would probably be embarrassed to admit I watched Pretty Little Liars, I am proud to announce that I'm a Glee fan.

I found the show to be hilarious and extremely well done. The writing, performances, and overall production values were impressive. Plus, unlike High School Musical, it wasn't afraid to address real high school issues... sex, pregnancy, homosexuality, racism, obesity, bullying, etc. Not to mention that it involved a pregnant girl and the birth of a baby.

If there are any other guys out there manly enough to profess their love of Glee, please stand up now.

On a side note, I spent most of today at WixPix, a production company near Johnstown. They do commercials and videos for a lot of local businesses and companies. I got to job shadow, ask a bunch of questions, and even work the teleprompter.

Unfortunately, they couldn't give me a camera for my short film, but that's okay. I have a few backup plans that will go in effect tomorrow. Production of this short film will start soon... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment