Monday, August 9, 2010

Suck my Lemons

The Making of Lemonopoly.

AsI mentioned earlier, the film students were placed into groups of three or four with each person acting as director, producer, director of photography/cinematographer, or editor/sound.

My group worked great together as we quickly decided that Reid would direct, I would produce, Kevin would work the camera, and Walter would edit.


For actors, we cast Jimmy and Zach who were great. They both agreed that they hadn't made a movie as fun as Lemonopoly since high school.


Our group was mentored by a graduate student name Julio. He was awesome! Making Lemonopoly, I learned that the producer does all of the hard work - scheduling, gathering props, setting locations, working with actors, and keeping the shoot on time. Producing was fun especially since organization is my specialty, but I would much rather direct.


On Saturday we had a blast at the shoot. Unlike other groups, we stayed in one location all day. We threw lemons, created jokes, and made a mess.


We spent the rest of the week editing the film. Because my group worked well together, the whole experience was fun. For having only two weeks, I am proud of Lemonopoly. Feel free to check it out.

1 comment: