Monday, August 16, 2010

Saying Goodbye

The dorm building we stayed in at film camp had many groups staying in it, but the sixth floor remained unused. On the last night, my mentor David was on night patrol. He helped some of us break out and sneak to the lounge on the sixth floor.

By the time we got there, it was very late. We sat around and talked for awhile, and soon everyone started falling asleep. We headed back to our rooms knowing that tomorrow we would finally get to leave the black hole. But did we want to now?

After two weeks, we had truly become afamily. I knew some of the kids at film camp better than I knew kids at my own school. Together, we managed to complete some sweet short films and maintain our sanity.

The last day went by quickly. It all ended with a closing ceremony. Many parents and relatives showed up. We watched the movies we had made and got to see work by the screenwriting and comedy improv students.

After the certificates were handed out, I found Carol Anne, Danny, and Danielle, and we started walking toward the parking garage. Just like that, it was over. Walking back to the car, I felt strange. We all felt as if the two weeks would never end, but they did. And as I grabbed my luggage, I knew that I would most likely never see those people again.


I really miss you guys. I hope you are enjoying the end
of summer, and I hope that we meet again someday.


"You met me at a very strange time in my life."
- Fight Club

1 comment: