Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Hipster Within

What the cinnamon sticks is a hipster? People from Johnstown want to know. Hopefully, this link will give a vague idea.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster



Hipsters mainly reside in areas such as Brooklyn, San Francisco, and Mexico. However, in LA there were sightings and talk of the hipster culture. My contact with said culture began on the first Wednesday at film camp.

That evening, we journeyed into Westwood for the first time. After eating at In-N-Out, we headed to Urban Outfitters.


Being from Johnstown, this was my first time in the store, and it was pretty cool. It was here that David and Auggie decided to help me define my fashion sense.


Together, we picked out two V-neck T-shirts. That's it. They are extremely comfortable, and I hear that Target is the place to get a bunch for cheap. Truth be told, I had wanted to try out a V-neck long before that night.

I got a short haircut the night before I left LA. Upon returning home, my Johnstown peeps saw my haircut and new clothes and labeled me as a hipster.

I think hipsters are cool, but I don't want to be one. I don't want the hipster mentality. I want to be Chad. Still, that doesn't mean I can't steal some hipster fashion once in awhile.

P.S. Here's a funny blog to entertain and distract you for awhile longer.

http://stuffhipstershate.tumblr.com/

3 comments:

  1. ...........did you read that first definition....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! What about it Miss Hipster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. American Apparel has sweet sweaters. I want one, but they are really expensive.

    ReplyDelete