Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Miss the Sun

First of all, do I sound like a girl? Back in the day, whenever someone called the house, and I answered the phone, they always thought I was my mom. I hated it.

Then the magic of puberty happened and my voice changed. However, people still think that I'm my mom on the phone. Usually the person on the other end will say, "Mrs. King?" When I tell them I'm actually a man (well getting there), they burst into a fit of apology.


Except the lady who called the other night... she wanted to talk to Ryan about the Discovery Kids magazines he subscribes to. She thought I was his mom. When I explained that I was actually his brother, there was a short pause. And then she started to crack up with giggling! Ugh.

Short update on my life: I was accepted to Loyola Marymount University - my backup California school. So that's exciting. And my notification letter from Chapman is in the mail. Good or bad? The anticipation is killing me.


Oh, there's no school yet again today. Ice storm. By the time I graduate from high school, I'll have to leave for college the next day. At least we finished midterms yesterday.

I might actually try to do something today - maybe read. But I'm actually in a "I don't know what to do with myself period." So I might have a mini movie marathon. Catfish came from Netflix today.


I'm also on this Baz Luhrmann kick. I finally watched Moulin Rouge the other night, and I surprisingly really liked it.


Finally, here's a bit of movie magic. I always thought the elevator scene in Romeo + Juliet was super sexy. Now laugh as you watch how they did it.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet how they did the elevator scene! I never knew that! :) and you don't sound like a girl imo hahaha

    Also I'm happy you watched Moulin Rouge! I love Nicole Kidman in it!

    ReplyDelete