Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pancakes and John Hughes

I hesitate to do this because it's sort of a blogging cliche, but I'm going to write about food.

I woke up early with Tyler and Addison this morning because we had to serve at the 8:00am mass. Afterward, we made the best pancakes ever!

Months ago, I had the urge to make homemade pancakes. So I printed out a recipe for Cracker Barrel pancakes, but it was resigned to the recipe cupboard after no one got around to actually making the pancakes.

That changed yesterday when Ryan was searching for a recipe and unearthed the pancakes once again.


What I thought would be a 30 minute deal turned into a multi-hour adventure due to my own stupidity. I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I somehow managed to misread the recipe and formed the impression that I could substitute buttermilk for butter. Wrong.


But that didn't stop us from starting over.


Round two went much better. We added chocolate chips, and the results were delicious.


The recipe is really simple. So the next day you're feeling cozy, enjoy!



While making pancakes, a watched a documentary on TV called Don't You Forget About Me. It was about these kids trying to find John Hughes since he vanished from the world.


Many people who were interviewed talked about the decline of teenage movies. It's kind of true. I love John's films and the characters that he created. A good, relatable movie about high school is rare these days. The world needs a new Ferris Bueller.

No comments:

Post a Comment