Friday, February 4, 2011

The Waiting Game


You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter. How can it not matter to you where this train will take you?

I excitedly drove home from school the other day, parked in front of my house, jumped out of the car, and headed to the mailbox. The lid was open a little bit. My heart jumped. Something large must be inside the mailbox - something like a college acceptance letter. I darted up the steps and threw open the mailbox to reveal... two small postcards.

I'm playing the waiting game. My letter from Chapman still hasn't arrived. Really, I'm more relaxed than I thought I would be. I've reached the point where I'll be comfortable with whatever happens. Still, any time my thoughts drift in school, I find they drift to that mysterious letter that is floating around somewhere in the world at this very moment.

It's sort of a strange feeling. But I know that other people are experiencing the same thing. We may not know each other, but we are all united by the waiting.


I'm excited for the weekend. Alaina and I are having a movie night this evening. And the Super Bowl is on Sunday.

I have a confession. I live in the heart of Steeler Country, and I haven't watched one football game all year. I don't know what it is - there are just many other things that I'd rather do than watch football.


However, I'll watch the Super Bowl because it is somewhat exciting. Plus, there's always the commercials.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly Chad, I'm the same way. I NEVER watch football, ever.

    And I love the Andy Warhol :)

    ReplyDelete