Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Best Friend


So the waiting game is over. Last Friday, I received an email from the Chapman Cross Country coach. She wanted to congratulate me on my acceptance to Chapman University. She didn't realize that she was letting the news slip before I received the official notification.

My package came in the mail on Tuesday. Getting accepted to both LMU and Chapman means that I'm most likely headed to school somewhere in California. Unfortunately in the midst of my excitement, Alaina and I finally had to face the unspeakable truth: we're going to be separated.

Alaina and I are best friends, but we're also so much more than that. After a few hours of crying and math homework at Starbucks, I can't say that we have anything figured out. But I know that things will play out the way they're supposed to.

I'm super excited for our Valentine adventure this weekend. Instead of wasting money on dumb gifts, we're headed to Pittsburgh (and the surrounding area) on Saturday to see Blue Valentine, The King's Speech, trek through Ikea, and possibly dine at The Cheesecake Factory.


2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhh! How was the King's Speech?! I wanted to see that sooo bad :P lol. That's a really good idea though, you guys are so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks Elyse. We had a fun day. And The King's Speech was really good. You would like it!

    ReplyDelete