Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hold the Phone!

I have a bunch of things I could write about, and because I probably won't have a chance to blog again until next Saturday, I will try to briefly cover everything.

This was a pretty crazy week including things like hipster shows in a renovated church and a 70s mafia fire hall, long musical group numbers, a Mexican dinner late at night, and a canceled religious retreat. After this dramatic week, I just have to say, "Thank God for the weekend!"

Of course, because musical and track have taken over my life, I'm spending most of the weekend getting caught up on "Chad" projects with a little Saturday Night Live mixed in. And no matter what happens, at 8:00pm tomorrow, I will be sitting in front of my television watching the Oscars.


I've been working with my friends to create a Summer To-Do List (it will be here before you know it). One of the items involves the drive-ins. However, I realized a sad fact recently. There's really no movies that I'm excited to see this summer. Every single film is a sequel or comic book movie.


That being said, I finally got to read a great GQ article by Mark Harris today. "The Day the Movies Died" talks about the decline of the movie industry and the lack of original movies (Top Gun 2 is coming into existence). Inception - an actual non-adaptation and non-sequel movie - has caused a stir. Hopefully things will start shaping up.

I am excited for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II and Super Eight. So, I'll find something to watch at the drive-ins.


Speaking of sequels, I guess I'll end with the big news of the evening...
Spy Kids 4!

That's right! The world is not ready. Embarrassing as it is, Spy Kids made me want to go into filmmaking. I was obsessed with the movie as an eight-year-old. When I watched a Behind the Scenes Feature on ABC Family one Saturday morning, I realized for the first time that movies weren't real. I fell in love with images of the backlot and bam! Magic.


Spy Kids 2 was pretty good too (although strange). The third one was stupid. I actually can't say that I'm stoked for this new one. Jessica Alba is involved. Although she may be pretty, I'm not a fan because all of her movies are dumb. Robert Rodriguez should be trustworthy.


Spy Kids 4 will either allow me to relive my childhood or destroy it. The movie industry may be in trouble after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment