Sunday, December 12, 2010

Recovery Evening

I had a blast this weekend! And now I'm recovering.

Alaina celebrated her birthday and officially became an adult too. I went on a lot of adventures, partied with Alaina, and ate a bunch of yummy food. I really want to talk about all of it, but I've decided to wait until Alaina gets her pictures developed.

Until then, I have a special announcement. If I've calculated correctly, this summer marks the 5th Anniversary of Pine Street Productions. The summer before I entered high school, my family bought a video camera, and I began making silly videos with my siblings and neighbors.


To celebrate the anniversary in conjunction with my leaving for college, Ryan and I were discussing throwing a huge block party - complete with food, Chinese lanterns, loud music, tents, everyone we know, and maybe even fireworks. We could watch all of the movies consecutively on a huge sheet. Ryan, Adam, and I could even make a short documentary on our history together. That would be fun.

Until then, I'm thinking about launching a mini-series entitled Pine Street Productions: Five Years of Violence, Sex, and Love.

Lately, we've been watching some of our old projects and laughing our heads off. You get a certain satisfaction when you watch your pre-puberty self acting like an idiot. We've also been surprised to find a staggering amount of violence and a number of sexual innuendos throughout the Pine Street films. Oh goodness.

USC wanted me to upload a video sample online, so I created a Vimeo account. Eventually, I'm going to post clips from the past films on there. However, it will have to be after I finish my LMU application - probably sometime over Christmas break. I'll announce the official release date when I figure it out.

Moving on. Thirteen days til Christmas! Unfortunately, most of the Christmas music on the radio is annoying. So I set out to create the ultimate holiday soundtrack entitled A Very Hipster Christmas. Good Christmas songs are out there.

One of the cool ones is Happy Birthday Guadalupe by the Killers. I haven't had a chance to watch the video until tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Chad, if you decide to do the block party I can provide a projector and a screen for the movies :)

    ReplyDelete