Saturday, July 24, 2010

USC


With so much to blog about, I'm not surewhere to go next. So, I guess I'll start with my thoughts on the University of Southern California. I went there on my first Friday in LA.

The film school at USC is in the process of being completely rebuilt, and the facilities are really pretty breathtaking. Both the Steven Spielberg and the George Lucas building are littered with classic movie posters. Just stepping into the buildings makes you want to film something
.

We went on the official tour
, and USC is undoubtedly one of the best film schools ever. Everyone has heard of it. My cousin Brad is a USC Trojan, and so Carol Anne swears by the school.

USC is definitely one of my top choices, but I'm still a little skeptical for a few reasons:
1. It is nearly impossible to get in.
2. The school owns the films, not you.
3. You have to finance your films too.
4. You apparently don't touch a camera until your third year.
5. It is expensive.
6. USC seems like a mini industry. Film School Confidential says that USC is very technical. I want a school that focuses on story.

The best thing about USC is the name. I'll be guaranteed a job if I manage to get in and graduate before going broke. Plus, every school I have ever attended has the colors of red and gold. Maybe it's a sign.

And while we were there, hundreds of half naked teenagers were walking around campus. The Electric Daisy Carnival was going on. It's apparently a big rave. I really wanted to go.



Anyway, tomorrow morning I leave for West Virginia for my last Cross Country camp. I feel like I just got home, and now I'm saying goodbye to everyone again. Plus, as with my trip to LA, I still haven't packed anything.

I'm totally pumped! I'll continue spilling the deets my LA adventure when I get back. See you in four days!

No comments:

Post a Comment