Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Takeoff

Where has the time gone?

Almost a month ago, I sat on a crowded plane heading from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles. This was my second trip to LA, and like before, I arrived at night. The sun was setting all across the country, and it was a beautiful flight. I knew that I was being transported somewhere entirely different from Johnstown.

You see those lit up pole thingys? They form my first memory of LA.

Once again, I was greeted by the night lights of Los Angeles. When the plane touched down, I felt as if I had never left. Last summer, I fell in love with LA. This time, I fell in love again. It's three thousand miles away and yet I feel as at home there as I ever did here.

My first cousins removed (I googled the correct relationship term) picked me up, and the journey began.

No comments:

Post a Comment