Monday, September 13, 2010

Entering the Cocoon


I can't wait to curl up in my blankets and go to sleep. As I do, I will be entering a cocoon. Tomorrow when I wake up, I will legally be considered an adult. I will be eighteen.

Will I suddenly become a man? Will my friends and family recognize me?
In reality, I will eat some Oreo Blizzard cake from DQ (yum) at some point and life will go on as usual. I've been so busy with college applications and such lately that I haven't had time to reflect on this adulthood thing. By the way, a few minutes ago I officially began editing the short film - I pieced two clips together. Whoot! Whoot!

Turning eighteen isn't really a big deal. I'm not in to dirty movies. However, it has served as a gentle reminder that high school is going to end. Which is weird but cool. The rest of my life is going to start in a year, and I need to get ready. My mom will no longer be available to tie my ties for me! (Don't worry - I'm learning.)

Anyway, I should get some sleep, but first...

I like fall. One of my favorite things about my birthday season is the movies! Besides Toy Story 3, Inception, and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, the summer films kind of sucked. Autumn seems like it is going to come to the cinematic rescue!

So really quickly, here's Chad's fall movie preview:

1. Never Let Me Go
September 15th


During my sophomore year, I read an online interview with my girlfriend Keira Knightley. She talked about a movie she was working on based on an awesome book - Never Let Me Go. I borrowed the book from my teacher and read it in a week. I thought it was beautiful. Plus, Keira and Carey Mulligan are involved in the movie: heaven. It will probably be depressing... I'm excited.

2. 127 Hours
November 5th



I mentioned earlier that I have a love obsession with Danny Boyle (28 Days Later, Slumdog Millionaire). So naturally, I have to check out his new movie. I just saw the teaser trailer yesterday. It's based on a true story and stars James Franco as a dude who gets stuck in a Utah canyon. Looks cool.

3.The Social Network
October 1st


Alright, I've been hearing buzz about this movie for forever. Apparently the script is really good. And David Fincher is brilliant. Plus, I think Jesse Eisenberg is funny (Alaina thinks he is cute... eww). The Social Network has already been called a classic and generation defining. Ever since I read The Great Gatsby, I have been waiting to watch a moody film. This is it.

4. Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows (Part One)
November 19th


I'm a big fan of the crew that made the last two Potter films. From the looks of things, they outdid themselves on the finale. I could pee myself just thinking about it. Nothing else needs to be said. (Except that Emma Watson will be wearing a red dress)

5. Tron Legacy
December 17th

I don't really know much about this one. But I've been reading about it for the past two years... seriously. Tron was an eighties movie with Jeff Bridges (I never saw it). It sort of started the whole CGI animation thing that led to Pixar and everything else. It's a certified nerd classic. The new one has Jeff Bridges too and is apparently going to be awesome. I'll have to rent the original and then go see this one with my boys.

Alright... it's late! I need sleep for my big day. This is minor Chad signing off for the last time. Night!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Omg, Chad I want to see Never Let Me Go, as well! I heard the book was awesomeee lol and the rest of your movie list is sweet. I agree with needing to watch Tron Legacy and of course...HP. And James Franco is a cutie....who wouldn't want to see him play a desperate man trapped in a canyon? haha :) oh and Happy Birthday (18, whoa!)

    ReplyDelete