Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bonjour Fall.

So... I'm up later than I wanted to be tonight.

But I'm sick of not getting stuff done. It's only the second week of school, yet as I lie in bed each night, I have mini brain freakouts. How am I going to get this short film finished? How in the world will I get all of my applications completed on time? If things don't work out, I won't land my dream career, I won't have a cool pregnant wife, and I won't have a beard.

And then I'll have to gouge my eyes out like Oedipus (which I took a test on today - yuck). Oh well. I am trusting that things will fall into place somehow.


Fall is officially here. Today was cold - cold as in my cross country hoodie isn't enough, I need a freaking blanket cold.

I sort of like it.

After having a fun Labor Day weekend, I was reluctant to start school again. But this week has been pretty cool. It wasn't nearly as rough as the first week of school. After having AP Chem last year, I decided not to take a science course this year. I wanted to squeeze in some creative classes that would help me with film. That means that I get to start my day with Acting and Art. I love it!

Yesterday, the XC team experienced our first meet of the season. It wasn't a bad start. The boys won the meet, but we still have work to do. Like a dumbo, I forgot that my spikes give me blisters the first time I wear them each season. Now I have to deal with having holes of absent skin on my ankles. We have an Invitational on Saturday morning, so hopefully I can come up with a comfortable solution by then.

Yesterday was also Ryan's birthday. We had some family members over and feasted on some amazing ice cream cake from the creamery. My family is now entering "Birthday Time." Addison turned ten last week. Countdown to my birthday/adult time = five days. Holy crap. (Tyler is the late one. He won't turn twelve until October.)

Today I celebrated a new birthday. The Great Pine Street Adventure turned one year old. GPSA is my first movie (I need nerd glasses). We premiered it on September 9th last year, so today will always hold a special place in my heart. I don't have a baby yet (and won't for a long time), so for now my movies will be my children. It seems like only yesterday when he was just a tiny storyboard... Sniffle. Sniffle.

Haha! Looking at this poster, I realized that the special date was September 5th - not the 9th. Oh well. It's the thought that counts.

Anyway, to celebrate I wanted to post some "teaser posters" from the long awaited short film. Ryan and I cheesed them up earlier. I haven't actually started editing yet. I'm considering locking myself in my house after the race on Saturday. This movie needs to start coming together!


Good night!

1 comment: