Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dishwashing Mania

I want to fall into a mountain of freshly washed sheets.

I finally have an official, real job: washing dishes at Rey Azteca. Thanks to Alaina's dedicated mother, I feel like I joined the mafia. There's no turning back.

I actually like the job although it is pretty down and dirty, hard work. Driving around town, I now think of all the other teenagers and down-on-their-luck twenty somethings silently washing dishes in the small corners of kitchen restaurants. Maybe I'll start a club. These are the real champions of society.

Track has started and the countdown to summer has begun. One thing is blocking my way - Ayn Rand. A couple of months back during my scholarship craze, I decided to enter The Fountainhead Essay Contest. Might as well. I read the book and surprisingly enjoyed it. But I need to get this essay done. That's my goal for the week. And then I will be free baby.

Other than that, I need to start writing my summer lists. I have two of them - Things I Want to Do This Summer (like go camping and head to the drive-ins) and Things I Need to Learn in Order to Survive in College (like I'm embarrassed to admit I can't tie my ties very well... or at all).

How are all the other high school seniors feeling right now? I don't know if I'm ready to leave my life as I know it. But it's time. I've had a good year. Now, I just have to go out with a bang.

And oh. I spent part of my weekend making this video for one of my teachers, Miss Rice. She wants to win a trip to England. Watch and share if you haven't already!

Send Miss Rice to England!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on getting your first minimum wage job, Chad!

    ReplyDelete