Monday, June 6, 2011

The End

This day was always imminent. The end of my blog.


I began this experimental project as a way to immortalize my senior year and my transition into college. But I often got busy and neglected it. Lately, I just lack the motivation to write about stuff. So, I'm cutting the cord and moving on.

I graduated a week and a half ago, and I already feel different. I didn't feel it at first, but I think it hit me last night. High school is already fading away, and college, which is something I always just talked about, is finally starting to become real.

I had a pretty great senior year filled with a ton of movie-worthy moments. Now I'm ready for a summer full of adventure. I basically want to spend as much time as I can with my family, friends, and Alaina. Not seeing them everyday will be the biggest adjustment that I have to make. But I'm going to school for something I love, so what can be better than that?


I want to take a quick moment to thank the five people who actually read this thing, including my amazing Aunt Brenda who passed away a month ago.

I finished reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower last night. I really liked it because it was filled with beautiful imagery and captured the feeling of growing up. In the novel, Charlie experiences the feeling of being infinite. I guess that's what I want to feel this summer.


To all my seniors, good luck in college. And good luck in life to everyone. All I can say is fill it with love... and joy. I think that's most important. Peace out.


4 comments:

  1. It was a great blog, Chad. :) best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blogging while it lasted, Chad! Your writing style's really nice and informal, and it was always rather enjoyable to read. If I don't get to see you this summer(which I'm guessing I will, somewhere or another), then good luck at Chapman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll see you both around sometime this summer.

    P.S. A Dance in Time will be playing in the Johnstown Film Festival on Friday, June 17th at the Flood Museum. Feel free to come since you both helped out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe thanks, Chad! I'll definitely go over and see it! :)

    ReplyDelete